ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) — A teenage lady with measles who visited just a few vacationer locations in Southern California earlier this month — along side the Disneyland Resort, Santa Monica Pier and Universal Studios — might maybe maybe additionally have uncovered diversified of us to the illness, well being officials acknowledged Friday.
The girl, who traveled from Recent Zealand, became in Southern California from Aug. 11 to Aug. 15, in step with an announcement from the Orange County Effectively being Care Company. She stayed on the Desolate tract Palms Resort, located at 631 West Katella Avenue, on these dates.
The teen visited Disneyland and California Hasten on Aug. 12, the details liberate acknowledged.
The Los Angeles County Effectively being Department released particulars of likely exposure locations, in step with the infected lady’s itinerary:
- August 11, 2019 – Los Angeles Global Airport, Terminal 8, between 9:00p.m.-11:30p.m.
- Aug. 14, 2019 – Universal Studios, 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City*
- Aug. 15, 2019 – TCL Chinese language Theatres, 6925 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood*
- Aug. 15, 2019 – Madame Tussauds, 6933 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood*
- Aug. 15, 2019 The Long-established Farmers Market, 6333 West Third Aspect road, Los Angeles*
- Aug. 15, 2019 – Santa Monica Pier and Sea gallop, 200 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica*
- Aug. 15, 2019 – Los Angeles Global Airport, Tom Bradley Global Terminal, between 6:00p.m.-11:59p.m.
- Time frames for the locations with an asterisk (*) are tranquil beneath investigation by the Orange County Effectively being Care Company.
The Effectively being Care Company acknowledged it has since been working with the hotel and the Anaheim theme parks to be triumphant in of us who had known shut-contact in the case.
“There is no longer any known unusual distress linked to measles that exists at these venues at the present,” the L.A. County Effectively being Department acknowledged in a Friday assertion.
Dr. Pam Hymel, Disney Parks’ chief medical officer, acknowledged in an announcement:
“We have been notified that the vacationer visited just a few Southern California locations and have been immediate by OC Effectively being Care Company that the distress to solid and company is probably going low. We withhold rigorous sanitation standards to give protection to company and solid, and earlier this year we strengthened our immunization program and educational sources for solid participants, moreover as to our ongoing efforts.”
County well being officials urged someone who became in the affected locations on the linked cases to show screen themselves for sickness with fever or an unexplained rash from 7 days to 21 days after their exposure. If symptoms originate, sufferers should tranquil live dwelling and name a well being supplier immediately, the Effectively being Care Company acknowledged.
DEVELOPING: Extra particulars will likely be added to this document as they become available. The Walt Disney Co. is the parent company of Disneyland Resort and ABC7.
Copyright © 2019 KABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.