Boy, 12, dies per week after being seriously injured when he touched overhead railway lines in Glasgow
- The 12-twelve months-feeble was once being treated for excessive electrical shock after the incident
- He died in sanatorium on Saturday evening, British Transport Police private said
- BTP said they’ve no motive to factor in there were suspicious circumstances
Printed: 19:14 BST, 25 August 2019 | Up up to now: 19:39 BST, 25 August 2019
A boy who was once injured when he came into contact with overhead power lines on a railway be aware per week ago has died.
The 12-twelve months-feeble was once being treated for excessive electrical shock after the incident in Glasgow final Sunday.
He died in sanatorium on Saturday evening, British Transport Police private said.
Inspector Alasdair McWhirter said: ‘Right here’s a if truth be told tragic incident, and our thoughts and deepest condolences are with the boy’s household and chums.
The stretch of be aware off Ashgill Motorway, Glasgow, end to a stone bridge, the put a 12-twelve months-feeble boy came into contact with an overhead power power cable on Sunday
Burn effort (pictured) was once found on the stone bridge after the tragic incident. Emergency companies and products were known as to the incident near Ashgill Motorway at about 6.30pm on August 18
‘We have specifically knowledgeable officers supporting his household during this extremely complicated time and I’d inquire that their privacy is please respected while they advance to terms with their loss.
‘We have no motive to factor in there were any suspicious circumstances and we’ll be preparing a epic for the Procurator Fiscal.’
Emergency companies and products were known as to the incident near Ashgill Motorway at about 6.30pm on August 18.
The 12-twelve months-feeble was once being treated for excessive electrical shock after the incident in Glasgow final Sunday. Pictured: the part of the be aware the put the incident came about
A stone bridge is in the neighborhood of the part of the railway line the put the boy came into contact with the facility cable
Paramedics from the Scottish Ambulance Carrier also attended and the tiny one was once taken to sanatorium in a critical condition.
A girl who lives near the stretch of be aware immediate The Herald how she observed a jet of flames on a railway bridge end to the put the schoolboy was once badly injured by the facility cable.
The girl was once amongst the first to abet and known as for an ambulance when the alarm was once raised.
The boy was once on the side of his faculty friend when the incident came about.
The mother of the bogus schoolboy immediate the Every single day Characterize she draw the tragedy was once ‘an accident ready to happen’.
Her 11-twelve months-feeble son felt the huge power surge which fatally struck his friend sooner than he ran to derive abet.
The mother of the uninjured boy was once on the scene minutes after receiving a name from her son, asserting he draw his friend was once insensible.
Investigators immediate the uninjured boy’s mum they maintain about the cable might per chance well were previously feeble as a swing.
Any witnesses who private now not already spoken to police can contact BTP by sending a text to 61016 or by calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 384 of August 18.