What's Rising

Claims ‘a deal has been locked in’ for the Spice Girls to tour Australia

It seems the Spice Girls may just tour Australia after all.

According to a report by The Daily Telegraph on Monday, tour promoters have been working hard to try and bring the girl group Down Under – with the publication reporting that they believe ‘a deal has been locked in’.

It comes after Mel B wrongly announced the band would be coming to Australia early next year, infuriating Aussie fans. 

Spice up your life: The Spice Girls just might tour Australia after all. Pictured (L-R), Mel C, Emma Bunton, Mel B and Geri Halliwell in London earlier this month

Spice up your life: The Spice Girls just might tour Australia after all. Pictured (L-R), Mel C, Emma Bunton, Mel B and Geri Halliwell in London earlier this month

‘Offers have been made and they are all very good,’ a source told The Daily Telegraph.

‘They’ve been in discussions for a while.’

According to another insider, the group’s management were waiting for their UK tour to end, before finalising overseas dates. 

Coming soon: According to a report by The Daily Telegraph on Monday, tour promoters have been working hard to try and bring the newly reunited girl group Down Under. Pictured performing in London earlier this month

Coming soon: According to a report by The Daily Telegraph on Monday, tour promoters have been working hard to try and bring the newly reunited girl group Down Under. Pictured performing in London earlier this month

But it’s looking increasingly likely the group will tour early next year, as Mel first suggested. 

The 44-year-old singer made the brazen announcement at the band’s final London show earlier this month, only to later backpeddle on it.

‘We’ll see you in February in Australia!’ she announced at the end of the concert. 

'Offers have been made and they are all very good,' a source told The Daily Telegraph. Pictured performing in London earlier this month

‘Offers have been made and they are all very good,’ a source told The Daily Telegraph. Pictured performing in London earlier this month

But in an interview with 2DayFM’s Breakfast With Grant, Ed & Ash last Monday, Mel admitted nothing was yet confirmed.

‘My thing is, and I’ve got a bee in my bonnet about it, is that we need to come to Australia first out the gate,’ she told the radio program. 

‘I announced it on stage, yes, without everybody else signing off 100 per cent, but I figured if I put it out there maybe it’s going to happen.’

Mouthing off: The 44-year-old singer made the brazen announcement at the band's final London show last week, only to later backpeddle on it

Mouthing off: The 44-year-old singer made the brazen announcement at the band’s final London show last week, only to later backpeddle on it

Her candid admission – and subsequent retraction – left die hard Aussie Spice Girls fans understandably furious, with many flocking to Twitter to vent. 

‘Listen up Mel B! You can’t play with us like that! Don’t say ”see you in Australia” then take it back!’ fumed one fan.

‘Speaking on behalf of all the ’90s kids who were fans enough to see that s***ty movie ”Spice World” a gazillion times… YOU OWE US!’

Added another: ‘So Mel B just made up that the Spice Girls are coming to Australia… that is so sick and twisted’.

Others blamed Mel for their trust issues.  

‘When the @spicegirls actually announce they are coming to Australia I’m not going to believe because of all the god damn rumors and getting our hopes up that was mean @OfficialMelB,’ tweeted one fan.

Making it up: In an interview with 2DayFM's Breakfast With Grant, Ed & Ash on Monday, Mel admitted no Australian tour was confirmed

Making it up: In an interview with 2DayFM’s Breakfast With Grant, Ed & Ash on Monday, Mel admitted no Australian tour was confirmed

Meanwhile, others were skeptical even before Mel went back on her announcement.

”’See you in Australia in February,” Does Mel B realise the commotion she’s caused this morning? This better be legit and not another broken promise…’ commented one fan.

Another angry fan declared the star – affectionately nicknamed Scary Spice – was officially ‘cancelled’.   

'I announced it on stage, yes, without everybody else signing off 100 per cent, but I figured if I put it out there maybe it’s going to happen,' she confessed

‘I announced it on stage, yes, without everybody else signing off 100 per cent, but I figured if I put it out there maybe it’s going to happen,’ she confessed

‘Hi all, just me logging on to say that in light of my broken heart, Mel B is cancelled until further notice (ie: they actually confirm they’re touring in Australia),’ they wrote. 

Ultimately though, most fans were left devastated and demanded an apology from the outspoken singer.   

‘@OfficialMelB why you gotta do Australia like that. I mean I know there’s a lot of terrible things going on in the world and I probably need to check myself… But why you gotta break my heart like that,’ wrote one person.    

Spice up your life: Australian fans were left devastated and demanded an apology from the outspoken singer. Pictured performing with the Spice Girls in Dublin, Ireland last month

Spice up your life: Australian fans were left devastated and demanded an apology from the outspoken singer. Pictured performing with the Spice Girls in Dublin, Ireland last month

Daily Mail UK

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

To Top