Taylor Swift confirms her plan to RE-RECORD her songbook amid fury over Scooter Braun acquiring her record masters in controversial $300m deal
- Taylor Swift confirms her plan to re-record her masters during her interview with Tracy Smith
- The interview will air on CBS Sunday Morning on August 25
- In the in-depth interview, the 29-year-old singer said she will ‘absolutely’ re-record
- On June 30, Taylor took to Tumblr to reveal her thoughts on the surprise deal that saw Scooter Braun purchase her master recordings and her former label
- The $300m deal was a surprise to the artist, who revealed she found out ‘when it was online’
She revealed on June 30 that Scooter Braun has purchased Big Machine Records and also her entire catalog of music for $300 million in lengthy post to Tumblr.
The artist, 29, was asked in the interview, which is set to air on Sunday, August 25, whether or not she will re-record all her songs, to which she answered with ‘Oh yeah.’
Control: Taylor Swift plans on re-recording her songbook to re-gain control of her master recordings, according to her new interview with Tracy Smith on CBS Sunday Morning via The Hollywood Reporter; pictured on August 11 at the Teen Choice Awards in Hermosa Beach
Tracy further questioned her on the topic – asking Taylor ‘That’s a plan?’ to which Taylor responded with: ‘Yeah, absolutely.’
The host also asked Taylor if she knew about the $300 million deal beforehand; Scott Borchetta, founder/CEO of Big Machine Records, claims he told her about it while Scooter said he tried to discuss it with her.