‘It’s every terrible dating show rolled into one hot MESS!’ Channel Seven’s The Proposal is savaged on Twitter as viewers slam the ‘desperate’ suitors
Channel Seven launched its new dating show The Proposal on Tuesday night.
But not everybody was impressed with the concept, as dozens of viewers flocked to Twitter to label the program a ‘hot mess’.
Each one-hour episode sees contestants compete in pageant-style rounds in a bid to win the heart of a mystery suitor, before they propose in front of a studio audience.
‘It’s every terrible dating show rolled into one hot MESS!’ Channel Seven’s The Proposal has been savaged on Twitter, with viewers slamming the ‘desperate’ suitors
‘The Proposal is pretty much every terrible dating show that’s ever existed rolled into one hot mess on a massive LED stage,’ one person tweeted.
‘It’s The Bachelor x Married At First Sight x Take Me Out x First Dates x Yasmin’s Getting Married. Nope. Nope. Nope.’
Another viewer simply described The Proposal as ‘the worst’, while a third Twitter user labelled it ‘another contrived relationship show’.
The male participants did not escape criticism either, with several fans calling them ‘desperate’ and cringeworthy.
Savage! One viewer described the concept of The Proposal as ‘every terrible dating show that’s ever existed rolled into one hot mess’
Contrived? Another person tweeted, ‘So basically this show is like Married At First Sight and The Bachelor all rolled into an hour?’
‘Just what we need’: Channel Seven was criticised for airing ‘another contrived relationship television show’
Blunt: The male participants did not escape criticism either, with several fans calling them ‘desperate’ and cringeworthy
The Proposal, an adaptation of the U.S. television show of the same name, premiered on Tuesday with Luke Jacobz as host.
Luke, 38, previously told Stellar magazine that he loved the concept and thought the contestants were very brave for taking part.
‘Why not do something crazy and fall in love after an hour?’ he said.
Familiar face: The Proposal, an adaptation of the U.S. television show of the same name, premiered on Tuesday with Luke Jacobz (pictured) as host
Things certainly took a crazy turn during Tuesday night’s premiere, when single mother Jess, 34, left her two teenage daughters mortified.
Jess grilled eight male suitors on stage, before getting engaged to one of them after just an hour.
The brunette didn’t hold back in her quest for love, asking the fellas about their sex lives and even asking a male stripper to perform for her.
That’s awkward! On Tuesday’s episode, Jess (left) grilled eight male suitors on stage in front of a studio audience, which included her young daughters, aged 13 and 15 (both pictured right)
‘Looking good, Paulo!’ she squealed as personal trainer Paolo strutted his stuff on stage in a pair of skimpy boardshorts.
She later asked him: ‘How many times do you think a married couple should have sex a week – and you have to give me a number!’
Paolo cheekily replied: ‘That’d be 21… three a day!’
As Jess giggled flirtatiously, her embarrassed daughters, aged 13 and 15, cringed from the sidelines while a relative covered their ears.
Talk about a whirlwind romance! Jess got engaged to one of her male suitors after just an hour